1. What should we be doing to continue protecting and nourishing our skin without making it more oily?
I recommend a good Vitamin C serum in the morning to replenish the surface of the skin and turn over the cells. Vitamin C is essential on a daily basis. For normal to normal/oily skin types, my go-to is Hydra C Serum by Lira Clinical. And for normal/dry skin types, I recommend Transdermal C Serumby Truth Treatments. I believe that Vitamin C should be followed by applying a lotion with SPF 30 designed for your skin type. Not all SPF’s are created equal. Therefore, look for one that is zinc-based, like Lira Clinical.
2. Do you recommend a different cleaning and moisturizing regimen at this time of year than others? And will it change as temperatures start cooling and drier conditions return? Please specify.
For cleansers, I always suggest switching it up for the humid and non-humid time of year. A salicylic acid and enzymatic cleanser are great for this time of year to eliminate extra grime and turn over the skin's cells.
3. What kind of sun protection do you recommend for women and men with an active lifestyle? Should it be a stand-alone product for face and body, or is a moisturizer or BB creme with SPF in it enough? Product ideas?
I do not believe a foundation or something with SPF in it is enough sun protection. A stand-alone product is essential. When one is not wearing makeup, I suggest wearing BB Brite from Lira Clinical with SPF 30. For someone with a Colorado active lifestyle, I recommend a separate SPF lotion for the face and body.
4. We are drinking a lot of water at this time of the year, but are there other things we should be doing to hydrate the face and body?
I often recommend my clients get hydration IVs. I try to go weekly to Hydrate IV Bar. I pick them because they are mobile and have many different locations throughout Denver.
5. Hair tends to get dried out at this time of year because it’s being washed more frequently and swim-ming takes its toll as well. Do you have any product suggestions or treatments?
I like to take an oral collagen supplement that helps face, body, and hair. I also recommend a body oil or a coconut oil mask for your hair at night to moisturize and soothe hair.
Moore has spent more than three decades in the cosmetics and skincare industry. From working with top brands like Bobbi Brown and doing makeup for celebrities to being featured on television shows, Moore’s mission is making people feel better about themselves. At his Cherry Creek North studio in Denver and through his website, Moore works with clients to offer beauty services and custom cosmetics.
For wide-open spaces and scenic rocky buttes, head to Pawnee National Grasslands, 193,060 acres located in northern… https://t.co/vaXw9pGxVx
Support local restaurants and retail! Bookmark this link for up-to-date info on everything Cherry Creek North! Cher… https://t.co/6YlrNCv0rE
Get excited for fall fashion! Peel off your yoga pants and opt for something more elegant in the coming months. 👗… https://t.co/5RCNVnf0S4